Hello People! I’m Mallory and sometimes go by Mak because of my initials. I am a rising sophomore at the University of Mary Washington in Fredericksburg, Virginia and I am a History major with the hopes of joining the College of Education.
I’m nineteen years old and have lived in Maryland for about five years, whereas before I lived in Sterling, Virginia for fourteen years. I currently live on Kent Island in Maryland which is right across the Bay Bridge from Annapolis so I typically tell people I’m from Annapolis for the fact that it’s easier. I used to live in Pasadena, Maryland but my parents moved when I moved off to college.
I am a very introverted person and have always had difficulties in public speaking or situations where I am the center of attention (strange fear for a wannabe teacher right?) but I am hoping that with college and classes like the DS 106, I will overcome that fear.
A couple strange facts about me is that:
- I used to Irish Dance when I lived in Virginia and then continued dancing for my high school’s dance company when I moved to Maryland.
- I have never seen or read any of the Harry Potter series.
- I’m allergic to honey dew, dairy, and coconut.
- I have had a pet goose, rabbit, tropical fish, cat, and guinea pig, but never a dog because my parents sent it to another family right before I was born.
- I have never been out of the United States.